Monday, March 29, 2010

Boycott the Seal Hunt!!!

Yesterday the Canadian government gave commercial sealers permission to start killing the few baby seals who survived this season's devastating lack of ice. 

The Humane Society and many others have asked theanadian government to cancel the hunt, but instead it radically upped the number of seals to be slaughtered: 388,200 harp, grey, and hooded seals.

Watch this video then make the pledge that can help end this by boycotting all Canadian seafood! Ive been free of Canadian seafood for almost 6 months! :)


On a lighter note, I finally got my film for my Polaroid camera!!! I cant believe how fast the people at The Impossible Project got it to me all the way from Germany! 




And its here just in time for spring too.  Im not sure why but everything seems to be so much for beautiful this spring. I seem to be noticing things so much more. The flowers, the birds, everything. All of it its own unique piece of art. And if it couldn't get any better, Ile be going up the ocean this weekend. We are going for my mothers birthday; it is truly one of my favorite things to do. A tradition that my mother and I have had for many years. There is just something so calming about the ocean, and that town in general! I am sure it will be a wonderful weekend. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment