Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer rain in a small town...(this title sounds like it could be the beginning of a really bad song...just saying).

I came back to Columbus this weekend to help my mom with a couple of things, but so far all I have done is lay in bed and listen to the rain. Don't get me wrong though...it doesn't bother me much. Thats just what you do in small towns like this. Life moves by much more slowly than most places...Here, old couples sit on their porches, and 'going to town' means going to the grocery store. Its rare that you don't know the person sitting next to you at the red light, and yes...everyone really does know your business, so you might as well make it good. I know this sounds like something from a crazy southern movie, but I promise, i'm not exaggerating. When I was younger I always wanted out of my little town, but now that I have had the chance to step out and look in, i've realized its not so bad. I don't take my little town for granted anymore. After all, I did meet the love of my life here...:)

Heres some pictures that remind me of my town. :)

This is a picture I took on the way home on day...

I took this picture one afternoon at my father's ranch...

I water tower lit one night, after a winning football game.




4 comments:

  1. Love that first picture. My husband and I have this dream of moving to a small town where we can have a huge piece of land where the kids and dog can just roam and we can just sit on a porch and swing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I recognize one of your dad's shirts hanging there!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa! Small towns can have a really magical feel to them if you give them the chance...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Babe I know, Im sure you do! He really does use that instead of his dryer.

    ReplyDelete