Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to school, back to school.

Today was my first day of this semester. I've been dreading it all week, especially since my first class is Chemistry (and I HATE Chemistry), but it actually wasn't so terrible. I got to wake up at 7:30 instead of 6 this morning because my class doesn't start until 9:35 (WOO HOOOO!) and that helped a milllionnnnn. I got ready, and actually managed to have a pretty good hair day considering it was drizzling outside. When I got to my class a lot of people were already there, and Im not really sure why, but for some reason I was REALLY nervous this time. I sat in the middle of my 300 chair classroom. As soon as I saw my professor I knew it wouldn't be too bad. She was about 60 with gray hair to her shoulders and old glasses. She looked pretty laid back.


 She talked about the syllabus and all of that boring stuff that all teachers have to do the first day of class. Then she starting telling us a little bit about herself. She said she grew up near Canada, and ended up going to college there. After college her husband and her bought a VW bus, and traveled around the US, and Mexico, and Guatemala. SO COOL RIGHT!? She also said that she was a liberal feminist hippie, and that because of that, she is probably more relaxed and laid back than some teachers. She seemed to be a really cool person, and Im excited about  being in her class. Maybe she can make me like Chemistry a little more? Or at least understand it...? If this class is any indication of how my semester is going to be, I think everything might actually be alright! Lets hope so anyway...! That was my only class today, but tomorrow I get to tackle Statistics, Swimming, and Geography. All starting at 8 AM. More on that tomorrow?

2 comments: