Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So, while I was on the phone with my mom today, she asked me if I would make a cake for my grandmother's 88th birthday party (apparently I'm the go-to cake girl now!). Of course I said yes, I thought it was really sweet that that was all that my grandmother said she wanted from me, AND it's always great practice! :P Before I make a cake, I always look up a bunch of different pictures to get an idea of what I might want to do this time... And since Pinterest has gotten more popular, it has gotten even MORE fun! I think I would look at cakes all day if I didn't make myself stop. So anway... here are a couple of my favorites so far...

I think this cake is SO PRETTY, but my painting skills def. still need a little cleaning up. I'm not so sure I'm at this level... YET! ;)

I think that any of these cakes would be perfect too. Super classic!

I really like the flower cut outs on this one... and they look totally feasible! It's like this cake just screams SPRING! 

Ok... So I know this is mean, but I found this when I looked up "Birthday cakes for grandmothers", and I thought it was pretty hilarious! I would never do that though... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love the first and third ones. and the last one - TOO FUNNY, i would love to have a cake like that when i'm 88!
    After all the searching have you decided what you're going to do? you HAVE to post pictures of it finished!
    .dena.
    http://www/panchoandleftey.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided on a cake with the color scheme of the third one, but with some kind of curly-q's and some more realistic sort of roses... Ok, that didn't really make sense... haha, but I will be SURE to post pictures of while im making it and the finished product!

    ReplyDelete