Thursday, March 8, 2012

Birthday CAKE!!!!

Hey yall! Some of you may have read my post last week talking about some ideas I had for my grandmother's 88th Birthday!!! I promised I would post some pictures of the final product after it was done, so here they are! :) I think the cake was a huge hit. Everyone at the party kept telling me how much of a talent I had, they thought that going to culinary school was a great idea. This made me feel a lot better (everyone likes to have their ego stroked once in a while ;) I decided to do a neapolitan center, and I really wish I would have taken a picture of it once I cut it because that was actually my favorite part!

Gumpaste Roses -I dusted them with some white pearl dust

Homemade buttercream IS my favorite part of the cake!!!

Just covered the cake with fondant!

Adding the gumpaste flowers.

The finished product! :)

Ready to get cut up and the restaurant.

I had a couple snags along the way, but all in all I was pretty happy with the cake as a whole! :) But the best part was knowing that my grandmother was so happy with it! The next day she even asked me for a picture of it to send to her friends. :)

3 comments:

  1. looks so SO good. and hint hint i have a 21st birthday coming up this month ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, you DO have talent! the roses are gorgeous, and i love the blue and white color combination. if i were you i'd be stroking my ego all the time because anything cake-related is not easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Glad you like it! I loved the colors too. :)

      Delete