Monday, March 5, 2012

Funky Food: The Shamrock Shake

The other day we went to McDonalds and I saw something they called the Shamrock Shake. It was so so so weird, I just had to try it! Apparently they had had it in Canada and the United States in the 80's and 90's and began to return them during the months of February and March for St. Patricks Day recently. After looking them up online, I realized they sort of have a cult-like following similar to the McRib (equally as weird).

Sorta a pretty color right?

The shakes are actually a kind of mild mint flavor (something that seems like it would be more appropriate in the winter to me...), and are crazy sweet. I will say though, as odd as it was... I did find myself going back to it a couple times for a second or third try. I still couldn't bring myself to drink the entire concoction on my own though.

Look, it even has a cherry on top! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment