Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Sketchbook Project 2012

I'm not sure how many of you remember this, but last year I wrote a post about my 2011 Sketchbook from The Sketchbook Project. My theme was "Its Raining Dogs and Cats" -I know it seems like it should be "cats and dogs" instead, but it wasn't! Haha. So anyway, I ended up LOVING it, and so of course I decided to do another one for 2012! I sent it in January 30th, and just last week they sent me an email confirming that my sketchbook had been catalogued, and would be hitting the road in April! Woohoo! :) This year my theme was "In 10 Minutes", and I had originally decided to take that theme literally draw, paint, etc. for 10 minutes each day (each day being one page, that I could not change after the time was up). But I found that I really couldn't get things out onto paper in the 10 minute timeline each day. I felt that it was really constraining what I could do! So it ended up being more of a little journal about me, kind of along the guidelines of "What Can You Learn About Me In 10 Minutes". I know... A little cheesy, but it worked! ;)

Here are a couple of scans from this years sketchbook!!!

The tour starts in Brooklyn on April 14th, traveling around the country, and then finally returning to The Brooklyn Art Library where they will stay from then on!

The sketchbook will be in Austin, TX September 8th through 16th, so if any of ya'll are in the area go check them out! I promise they will NOT disappoint! :) 


I hope that ya'll enjoyed getting a little peek into my sketchbook, and maybe I have even inspired you to do one of your own! ;) If you want to check it out, just click the link at the top of the page. They do them every year! Also, the corporation that does The Sketchbook Project also does a lot of really cool other little projects, and the best part is that a lot of them are FREE!!!! So check them out too! Its called Art House Co-op. So go check it OUT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment